Free Publicity Materials
1 October 2016
Law Society Publishing
Paperback and CD-ROM
246 x 172 mm
Lexcel Financial Management and Business Planning Toolkit, 2nd Edition
Practice Management Standards
Financial management and business planning are essential to a profitable business. This invaluable Toolkit helps you to implement effective management and planning procedures that are tailored to your firm needs.
This new edition of the Lexcel Financial Management Toolkit offers updated advice on:
- Factors to consider before business planning
- How to manage the planning process
- Strategy post recession
- Preparing budgets
- Depreciation factors and impacts
- Financial requirements including annual accounts, time recording, procedures for billing clients and procedures for handling financial transactions.
Plus templates including:
- Business plan template
- SWOT & PESTLE analysis
- Project plan template
- Key performance indicators (KPIs) and measures.
- Budget templates
- Cash Flow Examples
All of the documents are provided on the book's accompanying CD-ROM, enabling you to customise them as needed.
1. The Lexcel requirements for business planning and strategy;
2. Why plan? How to plan?;
3. Strategy post recession;
4. The Lexcel requirements for financial management;
5. Responsibility for financial management;
7. Variance analysis monthly or quarterly management accounts;
8. Cash flow forecasts;
9. Other financial requirements: Annual accounts; Time recording; Procedures for billing clients and Procedures for handling financial transactions; Appendices.
About the Author
Andrew Otterburn is a leading law firm management consultant who has advised around 250 firms of solicitors and barristers chambers in the UK and Ireland. He has undertaken extensive consultancy work for the Law Society of England & Wales, the Legal Services Commission and the Ministry of Justice. He is vice chair of the Executive Committee of the Law Management Section and a founding member of the Law Consultancy Network.