Free Publicity Materials
20 April 2008
Law Society Publishing
234 x 156 mm
Freedom of Information Handbook
Since the Freedom of Information Act 2000 came into force on 1st January 2005 there have been numerous developments, particularly as a result of decisions made by the Information Commissioner, Information Tribunal and courts.
Significant developments have occurred following decisions made the Information Tribunal in Derry City Council and John Connor Press Associates . Furthermore, new practice directions have been issued by the Information Tribunal.
The second edition of this practical handbook takes account of these changes to provide an up-to-date, authoritative and straightforward overview of the law. Comprehensively revised, it covers in detail:
- relevant Codes of Practice for public authorities
- model publication schemes
- important secondary legislation
- recent caselaw and Information Commissioner and Tribunal decisions.
Written by a team of leading experts in the freedom of information field, the book is indispensable for public bodies' legal officers and departments, freedom of information officers and solicitors advising clients with commercial or contractual interests affected by the Freedom of Information Act.
8. The relationship between freedom of information and data protection (Antony White QC - Matrix Chambers);
9. The Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (Herbert Smith - Professor Brian Jones and Christopher Rees);
10. Enforcement and appeals (Clifford Chance - Jeremy Ison).
About the General Editors
Peter Carey is a consultant advising a wide range of organisations on data protection and freedom of information issues. He is editor of the Privacy and Data Protection Journal and was instrumental in establishing the Freedom of Information Journal. He is also editor of the Data Protection Handbook, 2nd edition (Law Society, 2008).
Marcus Turle is a partner at Field Fisher Waterhouse LLP and a founder member of FFW's Privacy and Information Law Group. He is editor of the Freedom of Information Journal and General Editor of Data Protection Laws of the World, a two volume loose-leaf title covering privacy legislation in over 60 countries.