Free Publicity Materials
24 July 2012
Law Society Publishing
Knowledge Management Handbook
With competition in the legal marketplace intensifying, investment in knowledge management is key in enabling firms to understand their customers better, make better informed decisions, operate with greater efficiency and be more attuned to risk.
The Knowledge Management Handbook is a practical and user friendly new book exploring all areas of knowledge management, including:
- key concepts of knowledge management
- how to manage both explicit and tacit knowledge
- the value and difficulty of measurement in knowledge management
- personal knowledge management.
The book also contains case studies, flowcharts, diagrams and interviews with leading knowledge management practitioners.
2. Dividing knowledge and making it manageable;
3. Personal knowledgemanagement;
5. Codification and managing explicit knowledge;
6. Managing tacitknowledge;
7. Training and learning;
8. Client-facing knowledge management;
10. The future;
About the Author
Hélène Russell of The Knowledge Business is a knowledge management consultant specialisingin the legal sector.