Free Publicity Materials
Leadership for Law Firms (EPUB version)
After the Legal Services Act
This is the eBook version (EPUB) of Leadership for Law Firms. The print version of Leadership for Law Firms is also available.
With the full implementation of the Legal Services Act 2007 (LSA) in 2011, the relevance of leadership in law firms assumes a new importance. Managing Partners and incoming CEOs will be faced with huge choices about how to direct and lead their firms as well as decisions that may ultimately affect their survival. These challenges come not just from the impact of the LSA, rate increases in Professional Indemnity Insurance and changes in legal aid funding but also from changes in client expectation.
Leadership for Law Firms contains integrated research and anecdotal findings from over 70 interviews with Managing Partners, CEOs and other experts. The report offers practical guidance on the particular challenges faced by contemporary law firm leaders. The report discusses:
- the definition of leadership and how it differs from management
- what firms need from a leader, and the qualities a leader should offer
- matching the leader to the firm's strategic needs and partner following
- how decision-making structures enable or inhibit innovative leadership
- career leadership - the importance of succession planning in and out of the Managing Partner role.
Offering invaluable advice for every law firm from the established to those new to the market, Leadership for Law Firms offers practical guidance on all aspects of leadership based on extensive original research.
EPUB is a standard e-book format used by many major publishers. The files are digitally copyright protected using Adobe Content Server but can be read on several e-reader devices. To open the file you will first need to download a copy of Adobe Digital Editions (see http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/) and register an Adobe ID. Adobe EPUB files can then be transferred and shared with other dedicated e-reader devices or apps registered with the same Adobe ID, e.g. the Sony Reader, Bluefire (for iPad), Aldiko (for Android devices). However, we advise that you refer to your device and software documentation for more details.
You may find the following link useful: http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices
Please note that once you have purchased your eBook, you should allow 24 hours for a download link to be emailed to you.
1. Leadership in law firms - is now the time?;
2. Is it a leadership or management role?;
3. Leadership and current structures;
4. Leadership structures for the future - post 2011;
5. Right time - right leader;
6. Getting followers on-board;
7. Behaviours and key traits for leaders;
8. Career leaders - as MP/CEO;
9. Sprucing up the leaders and their successors;
10. Change or do nothing;
About the Author
Patricia Wheatley Burt has over 20 years' experience as a management consultant specialising in the legal and professional sectors. As a director of Trafalgar the People Business, Patricia provides pragmatic people and performance management consultancy and development including leadership and management, amongst other subjects. She has written many articles and two books; The Role of the Managing Partner (2007) and Profitable Performance Management (2006).